THE FUNORSA SYSTEM ALLOWS THE MOULD MANUFACTURE BY 3D PRINTING WITHOUT PATTERN OR HAND OPERATOR MANIPULATION, A COMPLETE AUTOMATIC MOULDING.
FUNORSA, steel casting foundry in Spain since 1991, specialized in railway and high responsible casting components, following its Rsearch and Development plan in quality orientation, has recently develop the castings with a 3D printed Sand Moulds and cores.
This innovative system allows the mould manufacture by 3D printing without pattern or hand operator manipulation, a complete automatic moulding, being the most suitable for the production of prototypes, high complexity pieces, spare parts and short series in which the investment in tooling is high and delivery time is long.
The advantages of this new sand printing method are the following:
- Reduction of the delivery time and the costs of the project because it is not necessary the pattern investment
- Greater geometrical precision of the pieces, decreasing the machining costs and weight of the piece
- Easy to make design modifications
- Reduction of indirect costs such as costs for pattern storage and maintenance.
- Possibility of manufacturing parts of high complexity.
With this new investment, FUNORSA faces 2020 following the continuous innovation strategy and a growth forecast in sales as those of the last three years that have allowed it to consolidate as one of the leading steel casting foundries (carbon steel, alloy steel and stainless steel) in its sectors.