In 2014, Alstom was the first company in Spain to certify research personnel engaged exclusively in R&D&i. Over the last two years, the teams at Alstom Spain have developed a total of 38 innovation projects on railway transport (infrastructures, trains, signalling and maintenance).
Alstom Spain has obtained, for the third year in a row, the CERTIFICATE for the ACTIVITY of RESEARCH PERSONNEL, which accredits the existence of research personnel engaged exclusively in R&D&i.
Obtaining this certificate confirms Alstom Spain’s commitment to innovation. In 2014, Alstom Spain was the first Spanish company to obtain this certificate, and since then the teams at Alstom Spain have developed a total of 38 innovation projects on railway transport (infrastructures, trains, signalling and maintenance).
This certification considers only the personnel engaged full-time in R&D activities. Currently, approximately 30% of the staff at Alstom Spain conducts innovation activities, to a greater or lesser extent, at any of the company’s 5 innovation centres in Spain.
At the same time, Alstom Spain has defined and announced the 5 strategic cornerstones of its innovation initiatives for the upcoming years:
1. The application of 3D technologies.
2. The strengthening of predictive tools (especially in the maintenance area).
3. The introduction of new technologies to improve production processes.
4. The development of energy efficiency solutions.
5. The search for innovations that enhance sustainable mobility.