CETEST´s tenth anniversary


CETEST celebrates this year its tenth anniversary! During the last years, CETEST has shown a continuous and steady growth both in turnover and personnel. The staff of the Spanish testing accredited laboratory CETEST, has been increasing up to today´s 83 employees, thanks to an intensive test execution period.

During this year 2018, CETEST has carried out 67 test campaigns, some of which consisted of complete homologation campaigns. Altogether 158 tests have been performed during 2018. From these, 121 tests (77%) have been on-track tests, i.e. dynamic behavior, electric, noise tests… and have taken place all over the world: Different European countries, USA, Chile, Ecuador, India, Australia, Argelia, Mexico, Saudi Arabia… The remaining 37 tests (23%) represent structural strength and fatigue tests on test benches, and also instrumented wheelsets´ calibration and instrumentation (more than 30).

Remarkable projects this year are Flytoget Oslo, EMUs and DMUs ARRIVA Civity UK, Mexico L1 Metro, Kiruna R&D Wagon, Calcutta Metro, Riyadh Metro, M7 SNCF Belgium, Boston Tram…