BEYOND ACCESS TO RAILWAY STATIONS AND INFRASTRUCTURES, ANOTHER KEY POINT IN THE SEARCH FOR FULL ACCESSIBILITY MUST INVOLVE ROLLING STOCK AND ITS ADAPTATION TO ALL TYPES OF PASSENGERS. ANOTHER ASPECT IN WHICH THE ADVANCES ARE ALSO MORE THAN REMARKABLE.
Another current challenge in which the Spanish railway industry works is to achieve full accessibility in mobile units: accessing the correct car and locating the seat, placing the luggage in the right place, locating the toilets, or knowing how to interact with the different elements that are in such space.
To achieve objectives such as usability and simplicity, mobile builders prioritise in their manufacture the entrances and exits adapted to all types of travellers, spaces reserved for wheelchairs, the installation of assistance systems, as well as another series of components which facilitate the entrances, exits and the travel on board.
ACTIONS TO ACHIEVE ACCESSIBILITY IN ROLLING STOCK
- Devices, which can be external or be part of the vehicle itself, such as ramps or lifting platforms to bridge
the difference in height between the platform and the floor of the train.
- Strong chromatic contrast between the doors and the rest of the train frame.
- Chromatic contrast of the door opening button and its indication in Braille.
- Chromatic contrast of grab bars and seats along the entire length of the train.
- Visual and acoustic signage of opening and closing, inside and outside the car doors.
- Spaces reserved for anchoring wheelchairs and ischial support, with allusive pictograms.
- Partition panel of reserved space.
- Incorporation of handles on the inside of the far ends of the doors to facilitate entry and exit to people
with reduced mobility.
- Indication of the closing of doors via audio and pilots Chromatic.